Wednesday, July 25, 2012

253 Days [36 Weeks 1 Day]

Today I have some TMI questions that maybe some of you are having too, so I thought I would post them along with the answers I find through my google searches.

To fill you in a little.  About an hour ago, standing and talking with my landlord about pipes under the kitchen sink not draining properly... I felt something "drain" from me, *down there*.  It felt wet and uncomfortable.  Now as some of my fellow preggo women know, a small discharge is VERY common, but this felt more than a little discharge.  I stood calmly and let him finish his speech.  Immediately after he left I ran to the bathroom.  And there it is, was, a wet spot.  No color, no smell. Just like [ekkkk how do I say this and not freak myself out] water.  SO I sat on the toilet pondering this situation and wondering, is this Maya's amniotic fluid?  Did I pee my pants?  What on God's green Earth just happened to me.

So, here I am... waiting to feel another *gush* as I search and google to find the answers to tonight's terrifying questions.


After lots of searching the web I have found all my answers and hope they are helpful to some of you too!

The questions that kept popping in to my head:

Does amniotic fluid have a smell? I have been informed that it does have a smell, a sweet smell.  Not that of discharge or any thing else you have ever smelled before.  It will be noticeable. 

When your water -breaks- will it continue to trickle? Or is that all I will notice?  I have also been informed that when your water breaks you will be soaking through your panties at an alarmingly fast rate, if an hour goes by and your not "wet" down there again, then ALL is fine and its ok! [BUT please still call your doctor just to make sure!]

Should I be alarmed that I am not more alarmed? No I shouldn't be alarmed that I am not more alarmed, I am 9 months pregnant, and what happens when your nine months are up? Well, you have a baby.

If I "bear down" will more amniotic fluid come out of me? Or is there some sort or barrier? After much reading I have found that YES, if you push as though you are having a BM and no water comes out then you are safe.  It would be an almost constant trickle if it was your amniotic fluid. [BUT AGAIN please still call your doctor just to make sure!]

Will full on contractions start immediately after the amniotic sac breaks? Or will it take some time for those to start? Much research shows that every woman is different, DUH, but that some women never have contractions on their own without hormones to help the process.  So, it said that some women will have contractions for hours leading up until their water breaks, some won't have any at all before OR after their water breaks.

Since this is my second child, how do I not know the answers to these questions already?! Because first time around the hospital broke my water for me.... *sigh*


OK! SO! After all of the searching I have decided that IF I have no more "leaking" that it is probably just cervical fluid, another fun side effect of the baby having dropped into my baby making area.  It says that with all the pressure the baby's head puts on the cervical canal, you are more likely to leak the moisturizing fluids. WHICH just happen to be watery with no smell.  So let us all pray that is what it is.  Because I am not going to the hospital with out my support team, aka, Baby Daddy, aka, Rafal Szmyglewski.  Currently he is 5 hours south on his way home from Miami driving on Alligator Alley.  SO no baby tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment