Friday, August 17, 2012

::My Letter to Dylan::

My dearest Dylan Joseph Szmyglewski,

I need you to know how important you are to me.  Your arrival was such a surprise to your father and I, but it helped us to realize how amazing God truly is in our lives.  We were on a difficult path when God gave us you, and we are so thankful that you picked us to be your parents.  Dylan, for the past 53 months of my life I have done nothing but enjoy every moment in watching you grow.  You are such an amazing young boy.  You have taught me so many valuable lessons, for instance, not every stranger you meet is truly a stranger.  Your outgoing personality has lit up so many lives in your short four and a half years it amazes me.  You are so friendly, even to people I don't think deserve it.  But Dylan, that is what makes you a better person than me.  You are so young and so pure, you don't judge a single soul on this planet of ours.  Even though some days you make your daddy and I crazy with all of your energy, we wouldn't want life any other way.  You are my pride and joy.  My first true love.  One of my best friends.  There were times when it was just you and I, on our own journey.  You could make me smile when nothing else could.  Finding humor with a child is one of the best feelings on Earth.  You gave me more than I can ever explain to you, you will see, one day, when you have children of your own.  Soon we will be officially welcoming a new member to our family, your baby sister, Maya Riley.  Not only is this a big change for mommy and daddy, this is also a big responsibility for you my sweet boy.  Now you will forever be known as a big brother.  Not just any big brother either, you will be Maya's big brother.  Her teacher, her best friend, her first love, her favorite chew toy, her ride to school, and her bodyguard.  I know all of this may sound silly to you, but it is very true.  Little sister's love their big brother's unconditionally, they look up to them and expect certain things from them.  They want their big brother's to teach them everything.  I am so proud to say that your daddy and I feel we have done an amazing job with raising a perfect candidate for a big brother.  You are so loving, compassionate, kind, gentle, funny, sweet, caring and at the same time you are one of the toughest little boy's I have ever met.  You rarely cry, in fact, you hardly ever cry from a "boo-boo".  You are sensitive and get upset over other things, like a bad dream, or when you are punished for bad behavior.  You are so tender and giving, you are going to make the best big brother ever.  I hope that you know that even as time goes on, you will always be my first true love.  That even when daddy and mommy are cuddling with Maya you are always aloud to cuddle with us too.  Know that no matter how old you get, you will always be my Dyl-Pickle and I will always be available to you for anything you need.  You are about to embark on a once in a life time journey, involving your new little sister.  God will be right by your side too, when you have a question and need an answer.  Don't ever wonder if you can come to mommy and daddy for anything at any time, we love you so much Dylan, and you will forever be the glue that held this crazy family together.  Now, let us begin this next phase in our lives.  I love you so much, so so so much.

With love, hugs and infinite kisses. Your Mommy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment