Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day 74 [Week 5 Day 1]

Can't believe there is a baby in my belly.... Well at this point still a little ball of cells that are quickly forming IN TO said baby... Wow.  SO glad I took all those medical science classes in Massage School, I feel so smart about what is happening with and to my body!  Amazing miracles are happening as I type!

So we have decided to tell everyone on Thursday night in Tennessee, I bought Dylan a book called "I am a BIG Brother!" And I am going to wrap it up and have him "open" it with the family when every one is opening presents!  Then because my sister will be there, I am for certain he will take it either straight to her OR my mom to read it to him... and then let the excitement begin!!  I am so excited and nervous and happy and and and... wow, flood of emotions, I will probably cry!

I would like to take a trip down memory lane, and my pregnancy with Dylan... I had a pregnancy journal that I wrote in for him throughout the whole 9 months, but somewhere in the past 5years I lost it... Right after I gave birth I wasn't ever able to find it again.  SO I will try to remember a little bit about it.

I remember the day I found out I was pregnant, August 15th 2007.
I took a pee test at home and when it was positive I sat on our bedroom floor and cried while Rafal held me.  I immediately called and scheduled an appointment that day to go into Planned Parenthood.  Then I called my childhood friend Laura Martis, to confide my secret... I was in denial the whole way to the doctors.  And once I got there it really hit home.  I pee'd on another stick and yep, I was pregnant.  I was told there that I was 5 weeks along.  I called my mom crying and told her, and she too began to cry with me, and told me it was going to be OK and that she loved me so much.  She was going to call and tell my dad quick and then call me back.  That night they both came over with big hugs and lots of love telling me that every thing was going to turn out fine!
Two weeks before....
I was very ill, throwing up daily and just yuckie all around.  So Rafal took me to the Walk-In Clinic and they told me they thought I had strep-throat and that it was going around and they immediately put me on meds.  After I found out I was pregnant I was told we would have to wait until I was 8 weeks before a real OBGYN doctor would see us, so we went back to the same Walk-In Clinic to let them know and see if I really was sick or not.  Sure enough they looked at my paper work and said, "Oh these are all pregnancy symptoms! You probably weren't sick at all!!"

My Pregnancy with Dylan...
...was full of many up's and many down's, but I only want to talk about and remember the good parts today!  I remember KNOWING with out a doubt that my little pea pod was a boy from the moment we saw the two pink lines.  Rafal knew too, we just knew.  We were so excited, and very very nervous too.  I was sick every day, all day long until I was about 6months.  I actually lost about 10pounds in my first 6months due to lack of appetite.  I didn't start craving any thing that I can remember until that 6th month and ALL I wanted was foot long philly cheese steaks, all day, every day!!  As my pregnancy progressed we had about 4 false alarms, and I hear that is normal in a first pregnancy, I had no idea what anything was going to feel like.  BUT I will never forget the night I started to bleed, in January of 2008.  I went to pee and blood was every where! I was sure I had killed my baby, sounds awful I know, but that was the only thought in my head, oh my God, what did I do wrong?? How did I kill my beautiful baby?!  I was MORTIFIED! I called my mother hysterical, and she was in Tampa, about 45minutes away.  Rafal wasn't answering his phone and was no where to be found, so I called my best friend Holly.  Then it was a race against the clock to see who would get to me first Holly or my mom.  I honestly can't remember who picked me up, or even going to the hospital... All I remember next is being in the ER with a GIANT ultrasound wand INSIDE of me and then seeing his little body moving fine, his heart beat was fine, and everything was just perfect!  They told me that bleeding can be common throughout the whole pregnancy and not to worry.  I couldn't believe it, Thank you GOD!!!  Rafal showed up just at the end, and was able to see Dylan on the big screen too, it was amazing.  Then on March 14th he made his way into the world.  I only had to push about 3 times, and has a really easy and simple labor and delivery.  My sister was able to come to town to be in the room with me, and she was so mad that I had such an easy time!  :)  I believe I was just born to make babies! haha

So here I am, blogging about THIS pregnancy.  I am already craving things and thankfully it is all healthy... Strawberries, Grapes, Cantaloupe, Bagels and Yogurt!  Last night I had yummy spinach alfredo pizza, oh man was it good!  Bad news is, I am already suffering from getting sick at thoughts or sight of certain foods... in fact, all meats, ugh, I am gagging just typing that.  Walking through Publix last night, woooo that was interesting.  But, I made it through just fine and dandy, thankfully!

Now I am going to go fix Dylan and I a bagel with strawberry cream cheese and some yummy grapes!

We really believe we are having a girl, just like we knew Dylan was a boy... We both really like the name Sopheya, which means "wisdom".  Perfect!  We both see her being a beautiful blonde baby :)  How exciting!

Sopheya Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment