Monday, December 26, 2011

Day 86 [Week 7 Day 2]

So here we are, Monday after Christmas.  Remember as a child getting two weeks off of school and how magical those two weeks always turned out to be?  Maybe you were stuck with family and pretending to hate every minute of it, but deep down you knew you were thankful that people cared.  That your family loved you and cherished you.  So many don't get that comfort.  So many don't get kisses and hugs, let alone presents at the holidays.  So when you are feeling let down as an adult and remembering what Christmas used to be, know that you are still loved, no matter where you are and who you are with.  I love you!  God loves you!

My Christmas wasn't like years before, this year it honestly didn't feel like Christmas at all, but more or less a large intimate gathering of family and friends. Thirteen of us total on Christmas Eve enjoyed delicious food prepared by both a Polish family and a Brazilian family.  Not to mention the few American dishes thrown in there too, can't forget the potato salad!! It was an amazing sensation for your tongue, all of the different flavors combined wonderfully.  My favorite though, was the Beet Soup [barszcz czerwony], and floating in the soup were some handmade pierogi's, made by yours truly and Babcia.  They were spectacular!  Filled with wild mushrooms and cabbage, hands down the tastiest delight ever!  Lots of pie's and cake's were soon to follow, not to mention the overflowing of the vino!  I drank delicious SPARKLING White Grape Juice while everyone else indulged in the holiday booze!  Watching everyone loosen up and get sillier as the night wore on was so much fun!

As week 7 is well underway I have not too much new information to report other than our baby is now the size of a lentil!  Tiny little arms and legs are forming and by the end of this week there will be a baby heart beat in my belly!  Daddy is so excited it amazes me everyday.  Last night he got teary eyed talking about it to me, how amazing it is and how lucky he is that I am the mother of two children for him!  I feel blessed to know he feels so strongly about this, that he feels so much joy.

2012
Will be a year full of amazing things, and here is my main list of things to do... in a kind of spastic order!

Completing 50 Credit Hours towards my BS Degree!!
Purchasing our FIRST home!!
Having a HEALTHY and HAPPY baby girl... or boy!
Moving into a HOME!
Getting our urban farm started with chicks and goats!!
Getting an online job to supplement our income!!
Spending more time with immediate family, at least twice a month!!
Learning more patience and acceptance.
Learning a NEW Polish tradition every month!

I can't believe how wonderfully that all sounds as I type it out.  We are going to be having a baby soon and that still just blows my mind!  I can already see, even though no one else really can, a tiny teeny little pooch that will soon be a baby bump.  Its like the very beginning of telling my self to STOP sucking in.  SO now that I am finally coming to terms with it, there is a tiny little spot under my belly button that sticks out a little farther than the rest.  I am so excited!
So Far For Week 7::

Symptoms:
Lots of mood swings, and exhaustion.  I am always tired and get really cranky by about 10pm.

Cravings:
Nothing exactly specific as of yet, although I do love me some soup, and that's a new one! So I will say soup and jalapeno grilled cheese sammichs!

Fun Notes:
It is no longer a secret! Everyone knows about the future baby Ski <3
Everyone is VERY supportive and even excited about our next journey in life!
Rafal is more happy and excited than I ever anticipated and it just makes ME even more excited! 

Not So Fun Notes:
I wouldn't say its morning sickness exactly but I do tend to have some unpleasent stomach upsets through out my days.
I can't eat very much at any given time without feeling like I am making myself sick.  As in, two pieces of bread is about my limit before I feel too full.  BUT at the same time I eat more frequently, I would say its an every 2 hour kind of thing.  I need a small bowl of oatmeal or a granola bar throughout the day.   









No comments:

Post a Comment