Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 11

Good morning Monday, I am still in my writers block and getting very frustrated about it all of a sudden.  I guess I can only be a certain kind of creative on a certain kind of day.  As of late, my creative side is on a painting kick, and I am refinishing everything within arms reach :) Got the hutch down the other day, and its in the living room taking up space, maybe I should just get a storage unit already to start my collection for my store.  That is the best idea I have ever had.  One day it will be a reality, but while Dylan is still so young it is hard for us to get too much done.  As he gets bigger things will get easier.  I hope.  [haha]

Yesterday was spent in the rain, at a thrift store that I love dearly.  "Last Chance: Thirft Shop"  Best one ever.  I would know, I am a hardcore thirfter. Yesterday all "Miscellaneous" objects were half-off and that means everything in the store besides the clothing! So we spent $21, and if you only saw how much stuff we got you'd flip out.  Daddy got Dylan some new books, AWESOME books might I add. They ended up being like .25cents!  Good pick daddy!  I got some new baking pans and what nots.. I love that place.

My coffee this AM is enticing me... but its warm in our home this morning, lately its been cold, with a nice Fall chill in the air. 

Today I hope to take Marley outside to a nice big park and let him play.  I think he will do great, he has come SO far since we first got him, we think he is finally settled into our home and our hearts!  Hes a beautiful dog, and he has definitely made himself at home, that's for sure.

I painted a large tree per Dylan's request on his walls in his room:


Yes, that is a music note on his wall too, he originally asked me for a "Rock and Roll" room, so on the other walls are guitars and more music notes, but alas, his mind was changed.  I love the "Giving Tree" it is SO peaceful, who knew painting a large tree could make a room feel so much more magical.  I want to sit on the floor under his tree and read a book!  Its awesome.  I am going to paint another one behind his bunk bed so its like he's in a tree house.  I am still unsure of how I will cover up the music note without some obviously ugly clouds [haha] so any ideas would be great!  I will probably just cover it up with primer and white paint after I sand down the edges.  Dylan has always had a cool room to intrigue his little baby mind, and keep that imagination working overtime!  He is so brilliant.  I am so proud of my little monkey.

Off to snuggle with my main squeeze before he leaves for another long work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment