Friday, October 14, 2011

Day 15

Looking over school stuff.  This semester starts on October 24th and will last 8 weeks with my next semester starting on January 2nd.

A lot of people keep asking me why I choose DeVry University since some of its course work isn't accredited.  I wanted to assure the worriers, that the program I am studying IS accredited.  I am studying for my Bachelors Degree in Multimedia Design and Development with a concentration in Web Design and Development. I couldn't be happier OR more excited.

Now that I have explained that I want to tell you why I chose them instead of say, SPC or HCC.  I found out while continuing my education in Massage Therapy that my brain learns differently than most.  As we all know, every single one of us learns differently, but to feel accomplished my brain works overtime for a few weeks and then slacks for a few weeks and continues on a cycle.  I found while attending Sun State Academy that the Two-Weeks on and Two-Weeks off theory that they put into affect is exactly what my brain needs to stay focused.  So instead of going to school at SPC and studying English 101 from August-December and having a few mental breakdowns in that time frame, I chose DeVry because they are on an 8-Week semester program.  So every 8-Weeks I will start 2 new classes.  And I personally love that idea.  

On October 24th I will begin English & Critical Thinking/Problem Solving.  Then in January I will begin Intro to Business &  Computer Applications for Business.  With 8-week courses I am able to fit 5-6 "Semesters" in to just one year, rather than only 2-Semesters a year.  That is how I will be able to graduate so much quicker than most attempting their Bachelors.

***
In other news, today is the first day Rafal has had work all week, since Saturday of last week.  Having him home has been nice, but I missed my routine more than anything.  When he is home I slack off because I want to spend time with him.  But then the dishes pile up, laundry starts getting out of control, and my articles/blog get neglected.

So here I sit drinking my coffee... Thinking about how I will get Dylan enrolled in Head Start this up coming week so that he can be in school while I too am in school.  Wow, what a huge help that would be.
Last night I was expressing my concerns that I don't know if we will be able to go to my best friends wedding in November, I am so sad.  Rafal saw how upset I was about it and started looking for cheap tickets, he said he really wants me to be able to go even if he can't because of work.  That made me so happy to know he knows how happy I would be to go.  She lives in NC and I could take a Greyhound for about $100 which isn't too bad.  I really want Rafal to be able to go with me, we used to go on adventures all the time in our early days, and lately... not so much.  I mean we have a 3.5yr old son, not too many adventures we can go on with a little guy.  

Gonna try to come up with an article today...

No comments:

Post a Comment