Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 28

I just gutted a pumpkin. Eww.
[haha]

I actually don't mind at all, it is one of my favorite things to do this time of year.  I love carving pumpkins.  Going to gut three in the next hour and then tonight after dinner the Ski family will be carving our very own!  I will post before and after pictures for your visual enjoyment! :)

Today was the mark of my first week of college being completed!  I turned in my Memoir last night and finished a test on chapters 2, 3, and 6 too!  It feels good to already have all of this weeks work done already.  I strive to continue such hard work through the rest of my college career.  I don't want to be one of those people that wait until the last minute and then have to study 20hours straight one night.  Time management my friends, it works wonders, and even if you say you can't do it... Your wrong! You can!! Any one can!  In fact, here's an idea.  For the next 2 or 3 days I want you to jot down what you are doing every 15minutes, how did you spend the last 15 minutes?  Then at the end of every day look back over that list and see what you could have done differently, or better even to give you the most for your time.  Time is the only thing we can't get back.  When its spent... thats it, it is gone forever.  Try it out, check it out, my life is changing and so can yours!

For instance, I want to check my Facebook right now, but I know that isn't something that needs to be done right now.  If at the end of the day I have gotten everything done that I set out to do today then, I will make a space for some "free" time.  I try to update my FB a few times a day to let my "fans" know when I have completed an exercise, or a project of some kind.  I didn't realize I had so many readers, and now that you are all beginning to contact me and let me know your reading, I will strive to give you more information!

I have started telling more and more people about my desk at home, and the more people I tell, the more feedback I get about how awesome it is.  SO I want to share it with you guys too!  I have post it notes and index cards all over the place tapped to the wall, the monitor, the lamp and even my notebooks.  Every single one of them states some kind of affirmation, whether its "You are smart!" or "You can do this!!!" and because most of my stay at home work involves the computer and its desk I am sitting here a few hours every day.  Which means I see and read this continuously throughout my every day life.  It has been close to two weeks since I started posting the little notes around, and I feel a huge difference.

I am confident! I am funny! I am stronger than I have ever been and it is truly an amazing feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment